Outpost is opening a new Los Angeles studio to supply high-end visual effects to clients locally, in addition to supporting the company’s global operations.
We are on the lookout for talented VFX Editor to join our new LA team in 2021 for some exciting projects which we have on the horizon.
Responsibilities and Duties
• You are responsible for the successful ingest and delivery of all projects assigned to you by the Editorial/Production Team across high end projects in film, TV and commercials.
• Work with the Production team to ensure the accurate turnover of all shots from your show.
• Verify format, resolution, fps, re-times, colour-space against provided offline reference.
• Communicate with client-side editorial department.
• Generate ingestion and cut reports to track all ingested media and cut changes.
• Quality control client deliveries and communicate all notes or issues with Production and your VFX Supervisor.
• Maintain an open dialogue with the VFX Supervisor and communicate with them about any creative issues or changes you see in the edit.
• Ability to work as part of a team, taking direction well and able to collaborate with the 2D team to ensure the needs of both teams are met.
• Setup & run dailies sessions, setting an example of the Outpost culture in terms of professionalism and quality/creative reviews.
• Meticulous attention to detail.
• Excellent communication skills & able to give concise, effective direction.
• Professional knowledge of Hiero, Premiere, Tweak RV, and Shotgun
Additional Desirable Skills
• Knowledge of Nuke, Python, and Resolve
• Outstanding time-management skills with an ability to cope well working under pressure and to tight deadlines.
• Well-organized & able to multi-task.
• Strong sense of initiative and problem-solving abilities to tackle issues.
• Able to share knowledge and techniques with other artists.
• Participate in creative and technical discussions.
• 2+ years industry experience as a VFX Editor working on high end film, TV or commercials.
• Los Angeles, US
Due to Covid-19 you may need to be able to work from home at the beginning of your appointment. However, if offered a position you must be willing and able to work in our LA studio. If shortlisted for an interview, you will be asked some questions to assess your homeworking capability.
• TBC 2021
• Depending on experience
How to apply?
• Send a short cover email to: [email protected]
• Include your Demo Reel, Portfolio and CV
• Specify what role you would like to be considered for in the subject of the email.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the US at the time of applying. Visa candidates are not being considered at this time.
Click here to read our Candidate Data Protection Privacy Notice.
At Outpost we believe that our strength lies in our differences. These help us to take different perspectives, challenge norms and create a special environment based on mutual respect. Outpost is an equal opportunities employer. Employment with us is based on a person’s extraordinary talent and potential. No candidate will receive any less favourable treatment based on their age, gender, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual preference or any other factor that has no bearing on an individual’s ability to perform their job.