We’ve done away with the holiday cap to give control back to our team
Daisy tells us all about becoming Outpost's own Doctor Dolittle and helping to lead animation teams
Outpost is an exciting VFX studio that delivers astonishing visual effects for film, high-end TV and creative projects, all within a supportive, balanced environment that empowers our team to create work they can be proud of.
We are currently offering internship opportunities across the VFX pipeline and in Production roles at our Bournemouth studio, located just ten minutes from the beach!
Anyone is welcome to apply, including students, hobbyists and enthusiasts.
The internships are open throughout the year with flexible start dates and durations, all with a clear focus on helping you develop valuable skills to jumpstart your career!
Please note that EU citizenship is required.
To apply, please email [email protected]
We currently have positions open for fantastic freelancers across multiple disciplines, including:
• CG Generalists
• Lighting TDs
• Houdini Groom TDs
• FX TDs
Long and short-term contracts available. Please send your reel / portfolio to [email protected]
**The company is looking for a VFX editor. In this role you are responsible for the successful ingest and delivery of all projects assigned to you by the Head of Editorial. You assist the production team by running the screening room and being involved in dailies and client calls.
● Conform and transcode rushes from EDL.
● Alignment of VFX pulls provided by client.
● Verification of format, resolution, fps, re-times, colour-space.
● Communication with client side edit dept.
● You will flag any issues to the Head of Editorial and per job Producer.
● You will assist the production team in flagging any issues relating to turnover, missing information so that Production team can address issues.
● Helping to create a record log of all submissions, requests and changes to editorial.
● Manage the assembly of sequences, dailies and finals for review across all projects.
● Assistance in scheduling reviews, ingest and delivery and client calls in conjunction with the Production Manager.
● Creating shot and scan finals for Outpost VFX and contractors as per request from Head of Production and Head of Editorial
● Creating PR showreels and breakdown reels alongside the Marketing Manager.
● Creating internal showreels for monthlies.
● Working with the Pipeline Team to collaborate on improving pipeline and workflow efficiencies including the management of data, colour-space and shot management.
● 5 years of experience in an editorial environment in the visual effects industry
● Post-secondary diploma in related field
● Knowledge of Avid, Premiere, and Nuke
● Proven organizational experience
● Ability to work under pressure
● Strong communication skills
● Basic understanding of color science
● Experience with a variety of film and HD formats
● Extensive technical background / experience
● Language of work: French or English, written and spoken
● Salary: Between $67, 000 and $70,000 depending on experience and qualifications
● Following the probation period, access to the full benefits program, including company pension plan, health and dental plan
Interested individuals are invited to submit their applications package, including resume and demo reel, by mail at : [email protected]
Outpost VFX Inc. is committed to the principle of equal access to employment. While all responses are welcome, only those candidates selected will be contacted.
300 - 1411 Peel
QC H3A 1S5
CDI - Temps Plein
**L’entreprise est à la recherche d'un Monteur VFX. Dans ce rôle, vous êtes responsable de l'ingestion et de la livraison de tous les projets qui vous sont confiés par le Directeur du montage VFX. Vous aidez l'équipe de production en gérant les opérations de la salle de visionnement et en participant aux revues quotidiennes et aux appels clients.
● Conformité et transcodage des rushes d'EDL.
● Alignement des tirettes VFX fournies par le client.
● Vérification du format, de la résolution, des fps, des re-times, de l'espace couleur.
● Communication avec l’équipe de montage côté client.
● Signaler tout problème au Directeur du département de montage VFX et au producteur.
● Créer un registre de toutes les soumissions, demandes et changements au montage
● Gérer l'assemblage des séquences, des versions/dailies et des finales pour la revue de tous les projets.
● Aide à la planification, à l'ingestion et à la livraison du projet ainsi qu'aux appels des clients en collaboration avec le directeur de production.
● Création des versions finales des prises de vue et numérisation pour Outpost VFX et les sous-traitants à la demande du directeur de production et du directeur du montage.
● Création de bandes démos et de courtes vidéos démontrant chaque étape de la réalisation d’un projet d’effets visuels en collaboration avec le directeur marketing.
● Création des bandes démo internes pour les réunions mensuelles.
● Collaborer avec l'équipe de l’architecture technique(pipelines)afin d'améliorer l'efficacité de celle-ci et du déroulement du travail, y compris la gestion des données, de l'espace couleur et des plans.
● 5 ans d’expérience dans un environnement de montage dans l’industrie des effets visuels
● Diplôme d'études post-secondaires dans un domaine connexe
● Connaissance d'Avid, Premiere et Nuke
● Expérience démontrée en matière d'organisation
● Capacité à travailler sous pression
● Excellentes aptitudes à la communication
● Compréhension de base de la science de la couleur
● Expérience avec une variété de films et de formats HD
● Expérience et formation technique étendue
● Langue de travail : Anglais ou français, parlé et écrit
● Salaire : Entre 67 000 $ et 70 000 $ selon l'expérience et les qualifications
● Suite à la période de probation, accès au programme d’avantages sociaux complet, incluant régime de retraite d'entreprise, régime de soins de santé et de soins dentaires
Les personnes intéressées sont invitées à soumettre leur dossier de candidature, y compris leur curriculum vitae et leur démo, par courriel à l'adresse suivante : [email protected]
Outpost VFX Inc. s'engage à respecter le principe de l'égalité d'accès à l'emploi. Bien que toutes les réponses soient les bienvenues, seuls les candidats sélectionnés seront contactés.
300 - 1411 Peel
QC H3A 1S5
• Excellent organisational, communication and project management skills
• Thorough understanding of the visual effects process and the ability to interpret an artistic brief from the VFX Supervisor
• Technical understanding of the CG pipelines and the ability to develop efficient workflows and identify additional tools required
• Excellent Maya skills and a strong understanding of modelling, texturing, look development, lighting, particles, fluids and dynamics
• Previous film industry experience, including experience with team management and task assignment
• Proven ability to ensure artists’ work is of a high standard on both technical and creative levels
• Excellent working knowledge of Arnold. Basic Mel and Python programming skills (advantageous)
• Previous experience in training, mentoring, and recruiting CG artists (advantageous)
Please apply by sending your demo reel and CV to [email protected] clearly stating the position you are applying for.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK at the time of application and for the duration of the contract.
Are you currently in a production role in the VFX industry looking for your next step? Outpost VFX are looking for a VFX producer to lead some of the industries most anticipated projects of 2019.
• 2+ years of relevant experience in a VFX environment
• Thorough understanding of the VFX pipeline and production process
• Experience in bidding on new VFX jobs.
• Ability to plan and schedule resources effectively with relative VFX Supervisors.
• Excellent client liaison and relationship skills.
• Daily planning and foresight essential
• Previous exposure to and/or proficient knowledge of:
Microsoft Office applications, Clearcast, Adstream/IMD, FTP software (Filezilla/CyberDuck), Mac and Windows literate, Basic Linux, ShotGun, 7Zip and Aspera/Mediashuttle/SohoNet/MediaSilo etc.
• Excellent organisational, communication and negotiation skills
• Clear confident communicator Adept in skilfully juggling tasks
• Able to perform in a client driven deadline environment
We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use your personal data as part of our recruitment process. This privacy notice is being provided to you as you are applying to work with Outpost VFX Ltd as a team member, intern, apprentice or contractor.
Outpost VFX is a ‘data controller’ which means we are responsible for deciding how we collect, hold and use personal data about you.
Data Protection Principles
We process personal data in accordance with data protection principles, which means that your data will be:
• used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way
• collected only for the purposes that we have explained to you
• relevant to the purposes we have told you about
• accurate and kept up to date
• kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about
• kept securely.
Collection of personal data
We may collect, store and use information you provide on your CV, as part of your interview, during any testing plus any other information you provide us with as part of your job application.
We may also collect personal information from the following sources:
• recruitment agencies we work with
• your named referees
• data you have made publicly available on LinkedIn.
How we use your personal data
We will use the personal data we collect about you to:
• assess your skills, qualifications, and suitability for the role you are applying for
• carry out background and reference checks, where applicable
• communicate with you about the recruitment process
• if your application is unsuccessful we may wish to retain your information so we can let you know about any alternative roles that we think you may be suitable for
• keep records related to our recruitment processes
• comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
Sharing your data
We will not share your personal data with any third parties for the purposes of processing your application.
We take the security of personal data seriously and as such have internal policies and controls in place to protect personal data against loss, accidental destruction, misuse or disclosure, and to ensure that data is not accessed, except by employees, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions, and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
Retention of your personal data
We will retain your personal data for a period of six (6) months after we have communicated our decision to you about whether to appoint or engage you. We retain your personal data for that period so that we can show, in the event of a legal claim, that we have not discriminated against candidates on prohibited grounds and that we have conducted the recruitment exercise in a fair and transparent way. After this period, we will securely destroy your personal data in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. If we wish to retain your personal data on file, on the basis that a further opportunity may arise in future and we may wish to consider you for that, we will write to you separately, seeking your consent to retain your personal data for a fixed period on that basis.
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
• make a data subject access request which enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it
• request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected
• request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have exercised your right to object to processing
• object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes
• request the restriction of processing of your personal data
• request the transfer of your personal data to another party in an accessible digital format.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal data, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please email [email protected]
If there aren't any vacancies listed here that you'd like to apply for, we'd still love to hear from you in case anything applicable comes up in the future. Please fill in the form below and include a link to your showreel and CV!