We're looking for a Mid-Level VFX Editor to join our team in Bournemouth, UK at an exciting time for the studio.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work with the Production Manager and/or Show Producer to ensure the accurate turnover of all shots from your show.
- Conform and check received media against provided EDLs or Count Sheets.
- Ingest/Homologate VFX pulls provided by client into internal format and colour-space.
- Verify format, resolution, fps, re-times, colour-space against provided offline reference.
- Communicate with client-side editorial department.
- Assist the production team in flagging any and all issues relating to turnover.
- Generate ingestion and cut reports to track all ingested media and cut changes.
- Quality control client deliveries and communicate all notes or issues to Production and your VFX Supervisor.
- Maintain an open dialogue with the VFX Supervisor and communicate with them about any creative issues or changes you see in the edit.
- Generate media for showreel requests for Outpost Employees and Contractors.
- Generate sequence edits for internal review or client delivery when requested by production.
- Create company showreels and breakdown reels alongside the Marketing team.
- Create internal showreels for monthlies.
- Work with the Pipeline Team to collaborate on improving pipeline and workflow efficiencies including the management of data, colour-space and shot management.
- Late shift coverage when scheduled.
- Setup and run dailies when necessary.
- Professional knowledge of Hiero, Premiere, Tweak RV and Shotgun.
- Broad knowledge of VFX techniques and workflows.
- Knowledge of Nuke, Python and Resolve a plus.
- Prepared to help the production team to ensure successful project management.
- WIlling to support junior members of the Editorial team when necessary.
- Constantly show excellent attention to detail and planning.
- Work with the junior editor assigned to your show to maximise efficiency.
- Have and maintain a working knowledge of all editorial software and pipeline tools in use by the editorial department.
- Happy to be an ambassador for Outpost when communicating with clients.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience as a VFX Editor working on high-end film, TV or commercials.
- Central location
- 10 minute walk to award-winning beaches
- Close to the train station links (under 2 hours to Central London)
- Wellness benefits
- Free Friday Beers or non-alcoholic drinks
- Fantastic company culture
Due to Covid-19 you may need to be able to work from home at the beginning of your appointment. However, if offered a position you must be willing and able to work in our Bournemouth studio. If shortlisted for an interview, you will be asked some questions to assess your home working capability.
How to Apply?
- Send a short cover email to: [email protected].
- Include your CV.
- Add the position you are applying for in the subject of the email.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK at the time of applying. Apply now
Click here to read our Candidate Data Protection Privacy Notice.
At Outpost we believe that our strength lies in our differences. These help us to take different perspectives, challenge norms and create a special environment based on mutual respect. Outpost is an equal opportunities employer. Employment with us is based on a person’s extraordinary talent and potential. No candidate will receive any less favourable treatment based on their age, gender, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual preference or any other factor that has no bearing on an individual’s ability to perform their job.