Outpost VFX is looking for a Mid-Senior Lighting TD to join our team for some exciting VFX projects starting in 2021.
Responsibilities and Duties
• You are responsible for creating the highest possible quality of 3D work on a broad range of disciplines and styles across high end projects in film, TV and commercials.
• Work as part of a team, taking direction well and collaborating with the 2D team to ensure the needs of both teams are met.
• Maintain and develop skills to keep up with developments in software and processes.
• Understand and follow Outpost VFX’s pipeline procedures and conform to and uphold the Outpost workflow pertaining to all aspects of 3D and 2D, including colour space.
• Be present and vocal in all relevant dailies sessions, setting an example of the Outpost culture in terms of professionalism and quality/creative reviews.
• You are expected to have strong knowledge of Lighting principles in Maya, Arnold or Redshift.
• Understanding of Shading networks. Experience in performing Look Development tasks.
• Good undeerstanding of real-world lighting and photography.
• Excellent knowledge of Maya.
• Flare for lighting CG scenes, props and creatures.
• Experience using Shotgun on productions.
• Houdini knowledge a bonus.
• Good time management skills to meet tight deadlines.
• Show good initiative and problem-solving abilities to tackle problems.
• Able to share knowledge and techniques with other artists.
• Participate in creative and technical discussions.
• 2+ years industry experience in Lighting CG working on high end film, TV or commercials.
• Central location
• 10 minute walk to award-winning beaches
• Close to the train station links (under 2 hours to Central London)
• Wellness benefits
• Free Friday Beers or non-alcoholic drinks
• Fantastic company culture
• Bournemouth, UK
• To be discussed at interview
• March 2021
• Dependent on experience
How to Apply?
• Send a short cover email to: [email protected]
• Include your Demo Reel, Portfolio and CV
• Add the position you are applying for in the subject of the email
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK at the time of applying.
Click here to read our Candidate Data Protection Privacy Notice.
At Outpost we believe that our strength lies in our differences. These help us to take different perspectives, challenge norms and create a special environment based on mutual respect. Outpost is an equal opportunities employer. Employment with us is based on a person’s extraordinary talent and potential. No candidate will receive any less favourable treatment based on their age, gender, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual preference or any other factor that has no bearing on an individual’s ability to perform their job.