Outpost VFX are looking for Mid-Senior Animators to join us for some exciting projects planned for 2021. The position will be based at our Bournemouth studio in an exciting VFX environment servicing feature films, commercials and TV.
You will be working closely with the VFX supervisors ensuring animated elements are integrated into the 3D and VFX pipeline.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Working closely with the Animation Supervisor/Leads to ensure the team are producing high-quality animation to create compelling, story-driven and action-packed moments that fit within the style and pacing of the film.
• Working closely with the Rigging and Pipeline departments providing suggestions and feedback to improve character setup, visual quality, rigs and tool functionality.
• Animating both primary and secondary characters and elements.
• Analyse, troubleshoot and solve animation-related technical challenges.
• Working efficiently as part of a team, or independently, to complete assigned shots.
• Maintain and develop skills with new tools, software, data and other related technology.
• Understand and follow Outpost VFX’s pipeline procedures and conform to and uphold the Outpost workflow pertaining to all aspects of 3D.
• Be present and vocal in all relevant dailies sessions, setting an example of the Outpost culture in terms of professionalism and quality/creative reviews.
• Strong knowledge of Maya
• Thorough understanding of the core animation principles
• Experience of animating creatures
• Experience using Shotgun on productions.
• Passion for all aspects of animation and 3D
• Independent problem solver
• Able to share knowledge and techniques with other artists
• Vocal participant in creative and technical discussions
• 2+ years industry experience as a 3D animator working on high-end film, TV or commercials.
• Central location
• 10 minute walk to award-winning beaches
• Close to the train station links (under 2 hours to Central London)
• Wellness benefits
• Free Friday Beers or non-alcoholic drinks
• Fantastic company culture
• Bournemouth, UK
• To be discussed at interview
• March 2021
• Dependent on experience
How to Apply?
• Send a short cover email to: [email protected]
• Include your Demo Reel, Portfolio and CV
• Add the position you are applying for in the subject of the email
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK at the time of applying.
Click here to read our Candidate Data Protection Privacy Notice.
At Outpost we believe that our strength lies in our differences. These help us to take different perspectives, challenge norms and create a special environment based on mutual respect. Outpost is an equal opportunities employer. Employment with us is based on a person’s extraordinary talent and potential. No candidate will receive any less favourable treatment based on their age, gender, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual preference or any other factor that has no bearing on an individual’s ability to perform their job.