Creature TD / Lead Rigger
Outpost VFX are looking for senior level creature TD with expertise in rigging to join us on a fierce new project for 2020. The position will be based at our Bournemouth studio in an exciting VFX environment servicing feature films and high-end TV.
You will be working closely with the head of 3D and animation supervisors, ensuring rigs and bone setups are integrated into the 3D props, characters and creatures.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Creation of fur, feathers and grooming for photo-realistic creatures
• Develop simulation setups for photo-realistic creatures; including clothing, fur, hair, muscle and skin.
• Involvement in the development of departmental tools and technique
• Regularly communicating with Production and Leads regarding schedules and deadlines
• To be able to work with the visual effects supervisor, and the lead CG supervisor to determine the best creative approaches and techniques for all the different steps in a 3D production pipeline.
• 3+ years industry experience as Creature TD/ Rigger working on high end film, TV or commercials.
• Be knowledgeable in anatomy, muscle and bone structure
• Animation experience
• Understand the basics of animation
• Comfortable in researching various anatomies, or even creating whole new systems
• Fluent in Maya
• Knowledge and a good understanding of Houdini
• Experienced in writing Python, and understand how workflows can be optimised with scripts or automation
• Excellent knowledge of VFX Creatures pipelines/workflows
• o Excellent eye for detail
• Independent problem solver
• Able to share knowledge and techniques with other artists
• Participate in creative and technical discussions
• 4+ years High End Film, TV or Commercial industry experience
• Bournemouth, UK
• Various available
• March 2020
• Depending on Experience
How do I Apply?
• Send a short cover email to: [email protected]
• Include your Demo Reel, Portfolio and CV
• Add the position you are applying for in the subject of the email
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK at the time of applying, remote work is not possible.
Click here to read our Candidate Data Protection Privacy Notice.
At Outpost we believe that our strength lies in our differences. These help us to take different perspectives, challenge the norm and create a special environment based on mutual respect. Outpost is an equal opportunities employer. Employment with us is based on a person’s extraordinary talent and potential. No candidate will receive any less favourable treatment based on their age, gender, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual preference or any other factor that has no bearing on an individual’s ability to perform their job.