Outpost is opening a new Los Angeles studio to supply high-end visual effects to clients locally, in addition to supporting the company’s global operations.
We are on the lookout for a talented Producer to join our new LA team in 2021 and work closely with our LA Managing Director to help us to deliver some exciting projects which we have on the horizon.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Review incoming scripts & bidding materials, creating initial breakdowns where applicable.
• Work directly with clients & internal team to provide accurate bids & budgets. Provide clients with detailed bid packages.
• Act as the main point of contact for clients throughout the project & disseminate information effectively to the rest of the team.
• Plan and coordinate resources effectively with VFX Supervisors, often internationally, ensuring correct scheduling throughout entire project timeline.
• Work with Leads & Supervisors to track project progression, ensuring quality output and anticipating/communicating issues effectively to prevent potential problems.
• Work closely with the LA Managing Director to assist with all production requirements.
• Work with the internal project management system to generate accurate weekly reports to monitor project progress & to supply to Senior Management.
• Extensive knowledge of VFX methodologies & workflows.
• Experience in bidding new VFX jobs.
• Ability to plan effectively short term (daily) and more strategically across the lifespan of a project.
• Previous exposure to and/or proficient knowledge of: Shotgun, Microsoft Office applications, FTP software, Mac and Windows literate, Basic Linux
Additional Desirable Skills
• Experience using Shotgun
• Excellent communicator with good negotiation skills.
• Ability to establish and maintain strong client relationships.
• Very well organized with good time management in order to meet tight deadlines.
• Show good initiative & be proactive in problem solving (solution-oriented)
• Able to manage workloads well and multi-task.
• Positive & collaborative attitude, with a keenness to encourage and maintain an upbeat atmosphere.
• Detail oriented with a methodical approach.
• Ability to anticipate and communicate issues to supervisors/department head.
• 6+ years of relevant production experience in a VFX environment
• Los Angeles, US
Due to Covid-19 you may need to be able to work from home at the beginning of your appointment. However, if offered a position you must be willing and able to work in our LA studio. If shortlisted for an interview, you will be asked some questions to assess your homeworking capability.
• TBC 2021
• Depending on experience
How to apply?
• Send a short cover email to: [email protected]
• Include your Demo Reel, Portfolio and CV
• Specify what role you would like to be considered for in the subject of the email.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the US at the time of applying. Visa candidates are not being considered at this time.
Click here to read our Candidate Data Protection Privacy Notice.
At Outpost we believe that our strength lies in our differences. These help us to take different perspectives, challenge norms and create a special environment based on mutual respect. Outpost is an equal opportunities employer. Employment with us is based on a person’s extraordinary talent and potential. No candidate will receive any less favourable treatment based on their age, gender, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual preference or any other factor that has no bearing on an individual’s ability to perform their job.