Systems Support Engineer
Outpost is looking for a Systems Support Engineer to support with the latest in VFX software, data management, OS configuration, render farm maintenance and workstation support for a large number of Linux and Windows systems.
The role offers the successful candidate potential to advance their technical skills, plus gain hands-on experience with state-of-the-art technology. If you have a sharp technical mind, enjoy computing – Windows and Linux especially – and want to be a part of some amazing high-end productions, then this is the place for you.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Provide friendly face to face, phone and online support for VFX Artists using Linux and Windows.
• Help troubleshoot application issues, OS issues, networking problems and other complex systems issues.
• Maintain CentOS and Microsoft deployment and automation tools.
• Perform software installs and manage software licenses.
• Coordinate with other members of the Systems team to resolve issues.
• Provide late cover on a rotational shift pattern.
• Professional experience in a Systems/IT Support position desirable.
• Knowledge of Windows 10 Pro and CentOS including installation and configuration.
• Knowledge of Windows Server including installation and configuration.
• In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, SCCM, WSUS and Group Policy.
• Experience with Microsoft Azure and DFS.
• Experience with physical and virtual server environments.
• Understanding of networking protocols, network switching, VLANs, Routers, IP subnets, DNS and DHCP.
• Knowledge of remote working software applications, such as Teradici.
• Knowledge of VFX software from Autodesk and SideFX very useful.
• Excellent people skills and a desire to be part of a team.
• Self-motivated, proactive and able to work under pressure.
• An ability to prioritise workload and respond quickly to important issues.
• Central location
• 10 minute walk to award-winning beaches
• Close to the train station links (under 2 hours to Central London)
• Wellness benefits
• Free Friday Beers or non-alcoholic drinks
• Fantastic company culture
• Bournemouth, UK
• To be discussed at interview
• January 2021
• Dependent on experience
How to Apply?
• Send a short cover email to: [email protected]
• Add the position you are applying for in the subject of the email
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK at the time of applying.
Click here to read our Candidate Data Protection Privacy Notice.
At Outpost we believe that our strength lies in our differences. These help us to take different perspectives, challenge norms and create a special environment based on mutual respect. Outpost is an equal opportunities employer. Employment with us is based on a person’s extraordinary talent and potential. No candidate will receive any less favourable treatment based on their age, gender, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual preference or any other factor that has no bearing on an individual’s ability to perform their job.