Outpost VFX create stunning visual effects for film and high-end TV.
Headquartered in Bournemouth, UK, and with offices in Montréal and LA, Outpost VFX exists to bring vivid creative ideas to life by harnessing artistry, technology and innovation. Recent projects have included News of the World, The Alienist, Devs and Superman & Lois.
The Systems Manager is responsible for technical security, infrastructure, and computer systems across the studio, and is also in charge of a team of pipeline developers, and system engineers.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensure that Outpost VFX is always as protected as it can be from all possible digital threats.
- Maintain a log of all system activity and where possible identify threats and anomalies.
- Ensure systems are running at optimum levels and all known patches and antivirus updates are installed as available.
- Assist with Studio Security Audits, providing information and suggestions for reparations in order to become and remain compliant to studio security requirements.
- Create, monitor and remove as required user accounts and logins and enforce password policies.
- Responsible for Change Management within the company using your ITIL certification to ensure all expansion, addition or removal of hardware is risk assessed and evaluated to ensure minimal interruption in services.
- Ensure that technology and employees follow Outpost VFX’s Security Policy Document.
- Review and update Outpost VFX’s Security Policy Document every 6 months with the Global Head of Systems and MD.
- Manage and implement the backup of all data and continually review to ensure Outpost VFX is protected from mass data loss.
- Assist the Global Head of Systems in creating and reviewing the Disaster Recovery and business continuity plan. Review and test these plans quarterly.
- Continually assess cloud and offsite technology solutions and communicate to the Global Head of Systems and MD anything which may benefit Outpost VFX in the long term.
- Assist in day-to-day operations of the studio including but not limited to: workstation/laptop configuration, network configuration, software installations, software licensing, maintenance of license servers, firewall, storage servers.
- Basic engineering tasks such as hardware installation/swap-outs, network shutdowns and resets, power failures.
- Create and communicate weekly reports on the team’s performance to the Global Head of Systems.
Required Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of RHEL based and Windows OS.
- Strong knowledge of ITIL.
- Strong knowledge of the main cloud platforms, like GCP, AWS or Azure.
- Good knowledge of Atlassian suite of products.
- Knowledge of networking.
- Configuration systems such as Ansible, PDQ and Jamf.
- It would be an advantage to have experience of digital security and of the industry’s leading cybersecurity auditors.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to motivate and lead a team.
- Self-motivated, proactive and able to work under pressure.
- An ability to prioritise workload, delegate appropriately and make decisions.
- Good organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to solve problems and be flexible in your approach.
- Desire to learn.
- Fantastic company culture
- Pension contribution
- Wellness benefits
- Social events (once restrictions allow)
- Free Friday beers or non-alcoholic drinks for all
- Company sick pay
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Generous holiday entitlement
How to Apply?
- Send a short cover email to: [email protected]
- Add the position you are applying for in the subject of the email
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK at the time of applying. Apply now
Click here to read our Candidate Data Protection Privacy Notice.
At Outpost we believe that our strength lies in our differences. These help us to take different perspectives, challenge norms and create a special environment based on mutual respect. Outpost is an equal opportunities employer. Employment with us is based on a person’s extraordinary talent and potential. No candidate will receive any less favourable treatment based on their age, gender, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual preference or any other factor that has no bearing on an individual’s ability to perform their job.