Show TD / Pipeline TD
Outpost VFX is looking for an enthusiastic, and driven individual to join the Pipeline team.
In this role you will be responsible for ensuring the smooth running of the tools, software and workflows used on our award-winning VFX and Feature Animation shows. You will be providing day to day pipeline related technical support and assistance to artists, as well as developing new tools and scripts to meet the specific show requirements.
You will be expected to be knowledgeable in Python, PyQt/PySide, MEL script, as well as a blend of industry standard DCCs such as Maya, Arnold, Houdini, Nuke and more as the need arises.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Support the company in delivering shows on time by solving pipeline related technical issues affecting Production, Artists and Supervisors.
- Track, manage and triage issues in the form of tickets using the JIRA platform.
- Find and fix pipeline bugs.
- Support the Software manager by identifying potential Pipeline changes that may be required to deliver projects.
- Work with the Pipeline team to complete code reviews.
- Proactively test new and existing features to ensure the highest levels of quality.
- Develop strong working relationships with the Production, Supervisor and Artist teams, facilitating good communication between the departments.
- Understand the processes of adjoining departments, providing input where required, to maximize efficiency and quality.
- Constantly assess artist workflow, supporting the implementation of tools that will streamline show production.
- Assist artists in becoming more proficient with the pipeline and the company technologies.
- Contribute to technical and user facing documentation.
- Help manage and optimize the throughput of the render farm.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a Technical VFX Degree.
- Basic understanding of computer graphics, mathematics, and physics/simulation.
- Knowledgeable in Python , PyQt/PySide and MEL script.
- Complete understanding of a VFX Pipeline for film and television.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with Linux operating system and developing on this platform.
- Experience using Shotgun.
- Knowledge of key VFX applications - Maya, Houdini and/or Nuke and their APIs.
- Experience in a technical customer support role.
- Experience with render farm management software such as Deadline.
- Ability to take direction when given, but also work independently and follow processes.
- Avid interest in technology, digital media and creating images.
- Independent problem solver.
- Able to share knowledge and techniques with peers.
- Participate in creative and technical discussions.
- Highly committed, able to work independently and as a team player.
- Enjoy working in a fast paced, constantly evolving workplace.
- Previous experience in Visual Effects for film, commercials, or feature animation.
- Fantastic company culture
- Pension contribution
- Wellness benefits
- Social events (once restrictions have lifted)
- Free Friday beers or non-alcoholic drinks for all
- Company sick pay
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Depending on experience and skills
How to Apply?
- Send a short cover email to: [email protected]
- Include a copy of your CV
- Specify what role you would like to be considered for in the subject of the email.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK at the time of applying. Apply now
Click here to read our Candidate Data Protection Privacy Notice.
At Outpost we believe that our strength lies in our differences. These help us to take different perspectives, challenge norms and create a special environment based on mutual respect. Outpost is an equal opportunities employer. Employment with us is based on a person’s extraordinary talent and potential. No candidate will receive any less favourable treatment based on their age, gender, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual preference or any other factor that has no bearing on an individual’s ability to perform their job.