Outpost VFX Montreal are looking for an enthusiastic, and driven individual to join the Pipeline team as a Show TD.
In this role you will be responsible for helping our Show teams overcome day-to-day Pipeline related technical hurdles in order to meet delivery deadlines, as well as facilitating technical support communication between the Pipeline and Artist teams.
You will be expected to be knowledgeable in Python, PyQt/PySide, MEL script, as well as a blend of industry standard DCCs such as Maya, Arnold, Houdini, Nuke and more as the need arises.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Support the company in delivering shows on time, by solving pipeline related technical issues affecting Production, Artists and Supervisors.
• Track, manage and triage issues in the form of tickets using the JIRA platform
• Find and fix pipeline bugs
• Support the Software manager by identifying potential Pipeline changes that may be required to deliver projects
• Work with the Pipeline team to complete code reviews.
• Proactively test new and existing features to ensure the highest levels of quality
• Develop strong working relationships with the Production, Supervisor and Artist teams, facilitating good communication between the departments
• Understand the processes of adjoining departments, providing input where required, to maximize efficiency and quality.
• Constantly assess artist workflow, supporting the implementation of tools that will streamline show production
• Assist artists in becoming more proficient with the pipeline and the company technologies.
• Contribute to technical and user facing documentation
• Help manage and optimize the throughput of the render farm.
• Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a Technical VFX Degree.
• Basic understanding of computer graphics, mathematics, and physics/simulation.
• Knowledgeable in Python , PyQt/PySide and MEL script
• Complete understanding of a VFX Pipeline for film and television
• Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
• Experience with Linux operating system and developing on this platform.
• Experience using Shotgun
• Knowledge of key VFX applications - Maya, Houdini and/or Nuke and their APIs
• Experience in a technical customer support role
• Experience with render farm management software such as Deadline
• Ability to take direction when given, but also work independently and follow processes
• Avid interest in technology, digital media and creating images
• Independent problem solver
• Able to share knowledge and techniques with peers
• Participate in creative and technical discussions
• Highly committed, able to work independently and as a team player.
• Enjoy working in a fast paced, constantly evolving workplace
• Have an interest in participating in social events with the team and studio – we also like to have fun!
• Minimum 2 years of relevant professional experience in Visual Effects for film, commercials, or feature animation
• Life Time – Uncapped Holiday in line with company policy
• Health Insurance
• Company Pension
• Fantastic company culture in a creative environment
• Excellent location in downtown Montreal
• Montreal, Canada
• Permanent, full-time
• Depending on Experience and skills
How do I Apply?
• Send a short cover email to: [email protected]
• Include your Cover letter and Resume
• Add the position you are applying for in the subject of the email
All applicants must be eligible to work in Montreal, Quebec at the time of applying, remote work is not possible.
Click here to read our Candidate Data Protection Privacy Notice.
At Outpost we believe that our strength lies in our differences. These help us to take different perspectives, challenge the norm and create a special environment based on mutual respect. Outpost is an equal opportunities employer. Employment with us is based on a person’s extraordinary talent and potential. No candidate will receive any less favourable treatment based on their age, gender, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual preference or any other factor that has no bearing on an individual’s ability to perform their job.