Senior Texture Artist
Outpost VFX are looking for a Senior Texture Artist to join us on an exciting project starting soon. Working alongside other members of the 3D team, you will be responsible for delivering world class level textures across a broad range of disciplines and styles, throughout various high end projects in film and TV.
Responsibilities and Duties
- You will be working closely with the CG Supervisor to ensure textures are set up and expertly mapped onto 3D elements such as creatures, organic or hard-surface models/environments, as required by the project.
- Working alongside modelers and look development artists, you will be responsible for creating the highest possible quality of photo-real textures.
- Work from real world references as well as from set photography, to create authentic looking textures with the high level of detail required by hero CG assets.
- Ensuring quality control of texture maps to ensure consistency throughout work.
- Taking responsibility for own workload, time management and notes/feedback actions required by Supervisors.
- Keep up to date with new tools, software or relevant technologies & share techniques, resources, ideas and knowledge with other members of the team.
- Knowledgeable of developing surface materials, textures and UVs for characters, props or environments.
- Fluent with Maya, Mari, Subtance Painter and Photoshop.
- Flare for digital and traditional drawing/painting.
- Detailed understanding of colour space, shading and lighting principles and methodologies.
- Experience using ZBrush
- Experience using Shotgun
- Avid interest in photography and cinematography.
- Detail oriented from a technical and creative point of view.
- Ability to work well within a team, as well as independently.
- Able to work calmly under pressure without impacting quality.
- Able to achieve project objectives within specific production schedules/deadlines.
- Independent & creative problem solver.
- Able to share knowledge and techniques with other artists & participate in creative and technical discussions.
- 4+ years industry experience as Texture Artist working in visual effects for high end live action feature films or TV
- Pension contribution
- Wellness benefits
- Free Friday beers or non-alcoholic drinks for all (once we return to the studio!)
- Company sick pay
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Generous holiday entitlement
Due to Covid-19 you may need to be able to work from home at the beginning of your appointment. However, if offered a position you must be willing and able to work in our Bournemouth studio. If shortlisted for an interview, you will be asked some questions to assess your homeworking capability.
How to apply?
- Send a short cover email to: [email protected]
- Include a copy of your CV
- Specify what role you would like to be considered for in the subject of the email
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK at the time of applying. Apply now
Click here to read our Candidate Data Protection Privacy Notice.
At Outpost we believe that our strength lies in our differences. These help us to take different perspectives, challenge norms and create a special environment based on mutual respect. Outpost is an equal opportunities employer. Employment with us is based on a person’s extraordinary talent and potential. No candidate will receive any less favourable treatment based on their age, gender, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual preference or any other factor that has no bearing on an individual’s ability to perform their job.