Senior Systems Administrator
Outpost VFX create stunning visual effects for film and high-end TV.
Headquartered in Bournemouth, UK, and with offices in Montréal and LA, Outpost VFX exists to bring vivid creative ideas to life by harnessing artistry, technology and innovation. Recent projects have included News of the World, The Alienist, Devs and Superman & Lois.
Outpost are looking for a Senior System Administrator to support with the latest in VFX software, data management, OS configuration, render farm maintenance, and workstation support for a large amount of Linux and Windows systems.
The role offers the successful candidate potential to advance their technical skills, plus hands on experience with state-of-the-art technology. If you have a sharp technical mind, enjoy computing (Windows and Linux especially) and want to be a part of some amazing high-end productions, then this is the place for you.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Systems Administration on both hardware and software platforms.
- Providing technical support and general troubleshooting for commercial and custom applications on all platforms.
- Actively monitor network and server performance, providing optimizations or solutions as needed.
- Executing storage administration (archiving, rsyncs, etc) and infrastructure maintenance of all server platforms.
- Configuration of ACLs across multiple file storage platforms.
- Configuration and maintenance of existing and new physical or virtual machines.
- Perform firewall, switch configuration & patching as required.
- Assist in maintaining our digital security policies both internally and externally.
- Professional experience in a Systems/IT Support position.
- Knowledge of Windows and Red Hat based Linux distributions, including maintenance and configuration.
- Basic knowledge of the main cloud platforms, like GCP, AWS or Azure.
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft services, like Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, CA, NPS, etc.
- Experience with Ansible or similar tools.
- Experience with GPFS is a strong asset.
- Understanding of networking protocols, network switching, VLANs, Routers, IP subnets, DNS and DHCP.
- Expert knowledge with GNU/Linux installations, application deployment and image creation.
- Knowledge of Active Directory and Windows Servers.
- Linux/Windows/Mac OS-environments, sharing data between platforms and managing permissions.
- Configuration systems such as Ansible, PDQ and Jamf.
- VMWare or other competing hypervisors (Qemu, KVM, etc.).
- Cloud infrastructure setup and maintenance.
- Knowledge of remote working software applications, such as Teradici or RGS.
- Knowledge of the Atlassian suite of products.
- Knowledge of VFX software from vendors like Autodesk or The Foundry is a strong asset.
- Excellent people skills and a desire to be part of a team.
- Self-motivated, proactive and able to work under pressure.
- An ability to prioritise workload and respond quickly to important issues.
- Good organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to solve problems and be flexible I approach.
- Fantastic company culture
- Pension contribution
- Wellness benefits
- Social events (once restrictions allow)
- Free Friday beers or non-alcoholic drinks for all
- Company sick pay
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Generous holiday entitlement
How to Apply?
- Send a short cover email to: [email protected]
- Add the position you are applying for in the subject of the email
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK at the time of applying. Apply now
Click here to read our Candidate Data Protection Privacy Notice.
At Outpost we believe that our strength lies in our differences. These help us to take different perspectives, challenge norms and create a special environment based on mutual respect. Outpost is an equal opportunities employer. Employment with us is based on a person’s extraordinary talent and potential. No candidate will receive any less favourable treatment based on their age, gender, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual preference or any other factor that has no bearing on an individual’s ability to perform their job.