PR & Marketing Coordinator
Outpost VFX create stunning visual effects for film and episodic productions.
Headquartered in Bournemouth, UK, and with offices in Montréal and LA, Outpost VFX exists to bring vivid creative ideas to life by harnessing artistry, technology and innovation.
We are looking for a talented PR & Marketing Coordinator to join us and help to deliver on our three-year marketing strategy during an exciting period of growth for the company. Working with the Head of Marketing you will work to raise the profile of our creative work, our culture and our people globally.
You may be asked to complete a written assignment following a successful interview to assess your suitability for the role.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Develop and execute PR campaigns to publicise key project launches, major project awards, business developments, thought leadership and new hires.
• Report on the success of internal and external campaigns.
• Support external PR campaigns with concurrent social media activity across Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and any other relevant platforms.
• Produce monthly social media engagement reports and work with the Head of Marketing to build exciting social campaigns that attract talent and leads to Outpost.
• Attend domestic and international industry events to further raise the profile of Outpost.
• Work with the Head of Marketing to execute an owned editorial strategy across the Outpost website and social media channels.
• Identify opportunities to enter Outpost for awards recognition. Plan and execute award entries on behalf of Outpost and its clients upon request.
• Internal communications support.
• Liaise with production companies and distributors to secure relevant permissions for sharing showreels, behind the scenes content and stills that illustrate Outpost’s work.
• Work with internal teams including Editorial and the art department to produce image assets, showreels and breakdowns to support your campaigns.
• Act as a major point of contact for journalists looking to feature Outpost in print or online.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Understanding of SEO and using a CMS.
• Fluent with all major social media platforms.
• Fluent in the core Office 365 suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) or Apple equivalents.
Additional desirable skills
• Working knowledge of one or a combination of Adobe Photoshop, Premiere Pro, InDesign and Illustrator a major plus.
• Photography and image processing.
• Layout and creative design experience.
• Excellent communication skills, with a flair for written content.
• Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships.
• Very well organised with excellent attention to detail.
• Outgoing and happy to speak publicly and meet new people.
• Able to work autonomously and set your own goals.
• Eager to offer ideas and solutions that benefit the team.
• Passionate about film and episodic entertainment.
• Happy to travel domestically and abroad.
• 2+ years working in PR and marketing, preferably in the VFX, post-production, film or television sectors.
• Relevant university degree in marketing, public relations or communications.
• Experience working on PR campaigns across owned and earned media.
• Fantastic company culture
• Pension contribution
• Wellness benefits
• Free Friday beers or non-alcoholic drinks for all (once we return to the studio!)
• Company sick pay
• Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
• Generous holiday entitlement
• Bournemouth, UK
Due to Covid-19 you may need to be able to work from home at the beginning of your appointment. However, if offered a position you must be willing and able to work in our Bournemouth studio. If shortlisted for an interview, you will be asked some questions to assess your homeworking capability.
• June 2021
• Depending on Experience
How to apply?
• Send a short cover email to: [email protected]
• Include a copy of your CV
• Specify what role you would like to be considered for in the subject of the email.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK at the time of applying.Apply now
Click here to read our Candidate Data Protection Privacy Notice.
At Outpost we believe that our strength lies in our differences. These help us to take different perspectives, challenge norms and create a special environment based on mutual respect. Outpost is an equal opportunities employer. Employment with us is based on a person’s extraordinary talent and potential. No candidate will receive any less favourable treatment based on their age, gender, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual preference or any other factor that has no bearing on an individual’s ability to perform their job.