Outpost VFX is looking for a Mid-Senior FX TD to join our team. The position will be based at our Bournemouth studio in an exciting VFX environment servicing feature films and episodic productions.
You will be working with both proprietary and commercial tools to create a range of effects incorporating fluids, cloth, particles and rigid body dynamics.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Handle high-complexity bespoke FX for shots and show an ability to find and match to reference.
• Author tools and setups that are stable, tidy and as simple as possible. Provide documentation and support to the artists using them.
• Have an exceptional understanding of physics and cameras to replicate real-world phenomena to a high level.
• Ensure any tools or setups you’ve made empower the team to hit their own deadlines.
• Be proactive in developing and improving the project's FX through technical workflow improvements and artistic refinement.
• Work closely with Supervisors, Production and 2D team to achieve the director's vision.
• Be present and vocal in all relevant dailies sessions, setting an example of the Outpost culture in terms of professionalism and quality/creative reviews.
• Excellent knowledge of Houdini and the use of fluids, cloth, fur, particles and/or rbd’s
• Experience in creating photorealistic effects such as fire, smoke, destruction, clothing, water and dust
• A thorough understanding of simulation techniques and technologies relating to effects
• A solid understanding of the requirements of other areas of visual effects, from modelling and lighting, to rigging and animation
• Experience using Shotgun on productions
• Programming skills with Mel and Python is ideal
• A good working knowledge of Arnold and experience with lighting and rendering effects is an advantage
• Strong problem-solving skills and an ability to trouble shoot pipeline issues as well as being able to resolve shot-specific technical challenges independently
• Able to share knowledge and techniques with other artists
• Participate in creative and technical discussions
• 2+ years industry experience as 3D animator working on high-end film, TV or commercials.
• Central location
• 10 minute walk to award-winning beaches
• Close to the train station links (under 2 hours to Central London)
• Wellness benefits
• Free Friday Beers or non-alcoholic drinks
• Fantastic company culture
• Bournemouth, UK
• To be discussed at interview
• Early 2021
• Dependent on experience
How to Apply?
• Send a short cover email to: [email protected]
• Include your Demo Reel, Portfolio and CV
• Add the position you are applying for in the subject of the email
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK at the time of applying.
Click here to read our Candidate Data Protection Privacy Notice.
At Outpost we believe that our strength lies in our differences. These help us to take different perspectives, challenge norms and create a special environment based on mutual respect. Outpost is an equal opportunities employer. Employment with us is based on a person’s extraordinary talent and potential. No candidate will receive any less favourable treatment based on their age, gender, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual preference or any other factor that has no bearing on an individual’s ability to perform their job.