Mid-Senior 3D Generalist
Outpost is opening a new Los Angeles studio to supply high-end visual effects to clients locally, in addition to supporting the company’s global operations.
We are on the lookout for talented 3D Generalists to join our new LA team in 2021 for some exciting projects which we have on the horizon.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Be creative and proactive in executing tasks and assisting on all aspects of the 3D in a project.
• Be present and vocal in all relevant dailies sessions, setting an example of the Outpost culture in terms of professionalism and quality/creative reviews.
• Clear communication within the 3D/2D team in order to understand the design /build or animation brief and create 3D work satisfying this brief, following the direction of leads and Supervisors.
• Collaborative communication with the 2D team in order to ensure AOV’s are correctly passed over to the compositing team.
• You will assist Supervisors and producers during the quoting process by accurately advising on time and technology required to achieve the work.
• Offer advice and knowledge to supervisors on pipeline and workflow improvements and software developments in order to continually improve Outpost’s CG abilities.
• Understand and follow Outpost VFX’s pipeline procedures and conform to and uphold the Outpost workflow pertaining to all aspects of 3D and 2D including color-space.
• Proven and demonstrable experience in high-end VFX using Maya.
• Portfolio /Reel examples of full CG environments including breakdowns.
• Excellent ability in modelling, texturing, shading, lighting.
• Broad knowledge of VFX techniques and workflows.
Additional Desirable Skills
• Experience using Shotgun on productions
• Avid interest in all aspects of CGI creation
• Independent problem solver
• Able to share knowledge and techniques with other artists
• Participate in creative and technical discussions
• 2+ years 3D industry experience as a 3D generalist working on high end film, TV or commercials.
• Los Angeles, US
Due to Covid-19 you may need to be able to work from home at the beginning of your appointment. However, if offered a position you must be willing and able to work in our LA studio. If shortlisted for an interview, you will be asked some questions to assess your homeworking capability.
• TBC 2021
• Depending on experience
How to apply?
• Send a short cover email to: [email protected]
• Include your Demo Reel, Portfolio and CV
• Specify what role you would like to be considered for in the subject of the email.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the US at the time of applying. Visa candidates are not being considered at this time.
Click here to read our Candidate Data Protection Privacy Notice.
At Outpost we believe that our strength lies in our differences. These help us to take different perspectives, challenge norms and create a special environment based on mutual respect. Outpost is an equal opportunities employer. Employment with us is based on a person’s extraordinary talent and potential. No candidate will receive any less favourable treatment based on their age, gender, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual preference or any other factor that has no bearing on an individual’s ability to perform their job.