Outpost VFX create stunning visual effects for film and high-end TV.
Headquartered in Bournemouth, UK, and with offices in Montréal and LA, Outpost VFX exists to bring vivid creative ideas to life by harnessing artistry, technology and innovation.
We are looking for a talented HR Manager to join us and help to deliver our HR plans at an exciting period of growth for the company. As a newly created role this could be an ideal opportunity for someone who is ready to take the next step in their HR career or wants to be involved in shaping the way in which we work.
The HR Manager will support our Bournemouth studio safeguarding the business ensuring we are compliant with all current and future legislation, as well as helping us to foster a high-performance, inclusive and positive working environment. Reporting to the Head of HR you will work in collaboration to create and implement local and global HR initiatives.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide advice and guidance on all employee relation matters to drive a positive and high-performance culture, this includes absence management, performance management, family friendly leave, disciplinaries and grievances.
- Track completion and confirm outcome of probation period reviews.
- Work with the recruitment team to determine compensation and negotiation of contracts making sure Outpost VFX is competitive with the VFX industry.
- Manage the onboarding and offboarding processes always looking to build efficiencies and to increase engagement throughout.
- Develop and update HR policies and procedures to ensure we remain compliant and that employees are up to date with any changes.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of HR initiatives.
- Manage Sponsorship Management System (SMS)and liaise with lawyers as needed.
- Undertake compliance checks and assessment and assist with the preparation for any forthcoming legislation changes.
- Preparing and submitting monthly payroll file to payroll provider.
- Pension support and administration.
- Develop and deliver annual initiatives and events calendar including Inclusion Week, World Mental Health Day and Creative Learning Week.
- Assess training needs and work in collaboration with the L&D Manager to create interventions and development opportunities.
- Build relationships with industry bodies and educational institutions to develop school experience programs, industry seminars & events.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships.
- Very well organised with an excellent attention to detail
- Shows good initiative & is proactive in problem solving (solution-oriented)
- Positive & collaborative attitude, with a keenness to encourage and maintain a positive working atmosphere.
- 5+ years working in HR.
- CIPD Level 7 qualification or working towards this qualification.
- Fantastic company culture
- Pension contribution
- Wellness benefits
- Social events (once restrictions have lifted)
- Free Friday beers or non-alcoholic drinks for all
- Company sick pay
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Generous holiday entitlement
Due to Covid-19 you may need to be able to work from home at the beginning of your appointment. However, if offered a position you must be willing and able to work in our Bournemouth studio. If shortlisted for an interview, you will be asked some questions to assess your homeworking capability.
How to apply?
- Send a short cover email to: [email protected]
- Include a copy of your CV
- Specify what role you would like to be considered for in the subject of the email.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK at the time of applying. Apply now
Click here to read our Candidate Data Protection Privacy Notice.
At Outpost we believe that our strength lies in our differences. These help us to take different perspectives, challenge norms and create a special environment based on mutual respect. Outpost is an equal opportunities employer. Employment with us is based on a person’s extraordinary talent and potential. No candidate will receive any less favourable treatment based on their age, gender, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual preference or any other factor that has no bearing on an individual’s ability to perform their job.