Responsibilities and Duties
- Working in collaboration with the 2D Supervisor and Visual Effects Supervisor to evaluate the creative and technical approach to assigned shots, understanding and satisfying the brief.
- Taking briefs and direction from Leads and VFX Supervisors to execute assigned shots in the best and fastest way possible.
- Balancing the creative and technical aspects of each shot.
- You will have a good understanding of the broader VFX pipeline including colour space, workflow and industry-standard script layouts.
- Meeting schedules and show deadlines.
- Ongoing communication with Production and Leads regarding schedules and deadlines.
- Taking responsibility for own workload, time management and notes/feedback actions required by Supervisors.
- Good ability in all aspects of compositing in Nuke, integrating 2D, 3D and live-action elements to a high-end visual effects standard.
- Compositing skills will include rotoscoping, tracking marker removal, rig and wire removal, tracking (2D, planar and camera tracking), 3D camera projections, color correction and color matching, digital cosmetic fixes, beauty work and de-aging, warping, greenscreen keying and integration, set extensions, CGI integration, deep compositing, TCL Expressions and Python scripting (preferred but not essential). Experience of other supporting packages is a plus.
- Experience of compositing CG/live action elements into CG environments.
- A strong eye for detail, composition, color and lighting.
- Thorough understanding of compositing techniques.
- Able to understand and apply shot notes.
- Experience using Shotgun.
- Avid interest in photography, practical lighting and cinematography.
- Independent problem solver.
- Able to share knowledge and techniques with other artists.
- Participate in creative and technical discussions.
- 2+ years high-end film, TV or commercial industry experience.
Due to Covid-19 you may need to be able to work from home at the beginning of your appointment. However, if offered a position you must be willing and able to work in our Los Angeles studio. If shortlisted for an interview, you will be asked some questions to assess your home working capability.
How to Apply?
- Send a short cover email to: [email protected].
- Include your resume and link(s) to your demo reel and/or portfolio
- Specify “Compositor – LA” in the subject line of the email.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the US at the time of applying. Visa candidates are not being considered at this time. Apply now
Click here to read our Candidate Data Protection Privacy Notice.
At Outpost we believe that our strength lies in our differences. These help us to take different perspectives, challenge norms and create a special environment based on mutual respect. Outpost is an equal opportunities employer. Employment with us is based on a person’s extraordinary talent and potential. No candidate will receive any less favourable treatment based on their age, gender, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual preference or any other factor that has no bearing on an individual’s ability to perform their job.