Outpost is opening a new Los Angeles studio to supply high-end visual effects to clients locally, in addition to supporting the company’s global operations.
We are on the lookout for a CG Supervisor to lead projects and be an advocate for the 3D team joining the collaboration between the CG and 2D Departments.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Clear communication between the VFX Supervisor, VFX Producer and 3D team in order to understand and convey the creative and technical goals of the team.
- Constant collaboration with the 2D team. Both teams are the VFX team and must pull in the same direction at all times.
- Must be knowledgeable on all aspect of the workflow/pipeline to be able to support the team, being a point of communications between the technologies and the artists.
- You will assist VFX Supervisors and producers during the bidding process by accurately advising on time, talent and technology required to achieve the work.
- You will offer advice and knowledge to tech-bunker on pipeline and workflow improvements and software developments in order to continually improve Outpost’s CG abilities.
- Maintain and develop skills to keep up with developments in software and processes.
- Understand and follow Outpost VFX’s pipeline procedures and conform to and uphold the Outpost workflow pertaining to all aspects of 3D and 2D including colour-space.
- Lead teams of 3D artists to deliver project briefs to specific schedules agreed with the Producer and inform them if the schedule is unachievable as early as possible in the process in order to allow production to provide sufficient support.
- Assist Managing Director in performance reviews of artists within your teams.
- Be present and vocal in all relevant dailies sessions, setting an example of the Outpost culture in terms of professionalism and quality/creative reviews.
- CG Supervisor is a managerial position and whilst maintaining your presence as an artist you will be an advocate of the management and support the production team with client satisfaction in the end product.
- Extensive understanding of all 3D Disciplines including Layout, Animation, Asset Building, Lighting, Environments and FX. Mastery of one or more disciplines as the position requires ability to lead and, at times, perform shot tasks
- Experience as a CG Supervisor or Sequence Supervisor working on high end live action VFX work
- Excellent creative eye and aesthetic judgement
- Experience interpreting client's vision and relaying that to your internal team of artists
- Be able to sell a creative solution and idea to clients
- Ability to reduce complex problems to their most simple solutions
- Thorough understanding of the complete VFX Pipeline
- Good history of collaborating with R&D teams and the ability to provide, test and deploy new tool specifications in a production environment
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure
- Expert/Fluency in Maya, Arnold, Houdini and other industry standard software packages
- Experience using Shotgun on productions
- Experience with Python
- Excellent communicator
- Recognised attention to detail and organisation skills
- Proven team leader with strong motivational qualities and initiative
- Positive attitude with a collaborative mindset
- Technically and creatively astute
- Highly organised
- 6+ years High End Film, TV or Commercial industry experience at Supervisor level
Due to Covid-19 you may need to be able to work from home at the beginning of your appointment. However, if offered a position you must be willing and able to work in our LA studio. If shortlisted for an interview, you will be asked some questions to assess your homeworking capability.
How to apply?
- Send a short cover email to: [email protected]
- Include your resume and links to your Demo Reel and/or Portfolio.
- Specify “CG Supervisor – LA” in the subject line of the email.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the US at the time of applying. Visa candidates are not being considered at this time. Apply now
Click here to read our Candidate Data Protection Privacy Notice.
At Outpost we believe that our strength lies in our differences. These help us to take different perspectives, challenge norms and create a special environment based on mutual respect. Outpost is an equal opportunities employer. Employment with us is based on a person’s extraordinary talent and potential. No candidate will receive any less favourable treatment based on their age, gender, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual preference or any other factor that has no bearing on an individual’s ability to perform their job.